Wills & Probate – Fees & Funding
RATE AND CHARGES 2022
- Grant of probate only – if the clients provide all the information and estate is below the IHT threshold or no IHT Accounts is required £1,500 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £1,800)
- Grant of Probate only – if we are to obtain date of death information and valuations (for four accounts or less and property (if any) and no IHT account is required) – £2000 plus VAT (Inc. £2,400)
- Grant of Probate only – where IHT Accounts is required and clients provide figures £2,000 plus VAT (Inc. £2,400)
- Grant of Probate only – where full IHT Accounts is required and we are to obtain date of death valuations £2,800 to £4,500 plus VAT depending on the number of assets involved.
- Up to 4 assets and liabilities including home £2,800 plus VAT
- Up to 6 assets and liabilities including home £3,500 plus VAT
- Up to 8 assets and liabilities including home £4,500 plus VAT
- If more than 8 assets and liabilities or involves assets overseas, please discuss and request a quote
- Full Administration – Hourly rates £160 – £250 plus VAT (we can provide an estimate of likely cost of the administration based on the information supplied to us at the start of the administration). (£3,500 – £15,000 depending on complexity i.e. how many accounts, investments, beneficiaries, executors, house to sell, foreign assets, business to sell, investors, creditors and debtors to deal with)
- Power of Attorney for Probate – £350 plus VAT (Inc. £420)
- Assent of Property to beneficiaries – £500 plus VAT (Inc. £600)
LASTING POWERS OF ATTORNEY
- One LPA – £450 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £540) + Registration fee of £82
- Two LPAs – £800 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £960) + Registration fee of £164
- Four LPAs – £1600 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £1,920) + Registration fee of £328
- General Power of Attorney – £300 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £360)
- PROPERTY Trust Deed – £450 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £540) + Disb.
- Severance of Joint Tenancy – £250 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £300)
- Settlement Trusts – Onshore – from £1,500 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £1,800) + Disb.
- Settlement Trusts – Offshore – Obtain a quote after initial meeting/instruction hourly rate (£300 plus VAT) applies.
- One deputyship application (if there are no complications) – £1,500 plus VAT (Inc. £1,800) + Disb (court fee £385 if no exemption applies, GP fee to complete COP3 and Deputyship bond insurance premium depending on the value of the assets of the client).
- Single Will – £250 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £300) as from 1st January 2022.
- Mirror Wills – £450 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £540) as from 1st January 2022
- Complex Will or Will Trusts from:
- Single – £400 plus VAT ( VAT £480)
- Double – £700 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £840)
Package deals (as from 1st January 2022)
(excluding disbursements and registration fees)
- One Will and one LPA £650 plus VAT (Inc.VAT £780)
- One Will and two LPAs £1,000 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £1,200)
- Two Wills and two LPAs £1,200 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £1,440)
- Two Wills and four LPAs £1,900 plus VAT (Inc. VAT £1,920)
- 5% fixed charge to administer estates worth in excess of £400,000 where there are no foreign assets or investments, executors, personal representatives and beneficiaries.
Codicil – £180 plus VAT (£216 incl. VAT)
Fee of £100 plus VAT travel cost will apply for home visits within 10 miles of our offices. Additional charges may apply if we have to travel farther afield.
We are able to deal with Will, LPAs and Trusts preparation remotely provided other recognised professionals are able to verify client’s IDs and provide us with instructions.
We can provide a fixed charge for the administration of any estate should clients want the certainty of knowing our legal costs to administer their estates and have these agreed in advance. Please contact us for more details.
We also operate a fee sharing arrangements if you wish to outsource any of your works to us. Please contact us for details.
Call our specialist Wills & Probate Solicitors now on 0844 800 9860 for a free telephone consultation or request a call back through this website.