Court of Protection

Some people suffer from injury or illnesses such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease which mean they lack mental capacity to manage their own affairs. The Court of Protection will appoint a person to act as their Deputy (formerly called Receiver). The deputy can be a lay person such as a family member or a professional such as a solicitor.

A deputy is responsible for overseeing the person’s finances and making sure their day to day needs are met. This includes responsibility for the investment of funds.

Our Court of Protection Service

We have a specialist Court of Protection team who have considerable experience of acting as professional deputies in a range of complex cases. We work with financial advisers who specialise in this area and are regular appointed to manage cases involving investments of several million pounds.

A deputy is required to submit an annual account to the Court of Protection and to prepare income tax returns if required. We can assist with these responsibilities.

Our charges for acting in a deputy application are fixed by the Court of Protection and payable from the person’s funds.

We can also prepare Statutory Wills and deal with the sale and purchase of property under a Court of Protection order.

For further information, please call our specialist Court of Protection Solicitors on 0844 800 9860 or request a call back through this website. We would be happy to provide a free initial consultation.


Social Feeds

Law Society accreditation for Children Law
Law Society accreditation for Family Law
Law Society accreditation for Family Mediation
* Resolution
Leading Firm Chambers UK 2015

* Soulla Kokkinos, Elizabeth Bendall, Andrew Crossley, Yvonne Snow, Ryan Yates, Amanda Mansbridge, Julian Beard, Francecsa Clay.