Fixed Fee Divorce & Separation Packages
We offer a range of fixed fee packages to suit the needs of our clients. We offer free initial telephone consultations and would be happy to discuss these options with you. Please call our specialist Divorce Solicitors on 0844 800 9860 or contact us online if you require any further information.
This scheme also applies to civil partnership dissolutions and judicial separations.
- Petitioner (i.e. you start the divorce proceedings and we prepare the documents for you).
|Our fees:||£ 595.00|
| VAT @ 20%||£ 119.00|
|Court fees||£ 550.00|
You may be entitled to a fee remission so you may not have to pay the Court fees quoted above and we can advise you on the form that needs completion and the documents required by the Court when you instruct us.
| On instructing us|| £600.00|
| On issue of Divorce Petition|| £664.00|
(If you are entitled to a Fee Remission we only require £114.00 from you as the second payment on account)
- Respondent (i.e. your ex-partner is divorcing you and we advise you on the process and help you complete the appropriate forms).
|VAT @ 20%:||£80.00|
|On instructing us||£200.00|
|On receipt of Acknowledgement of Service form||£280.00|
* Court fees and VAT are subject to change.
What work is included?
- Free initial telephone consultation.
- 30 minute fixed fee initial consultation (if more time is required then we are happy to provide this at our usual hourly rate – see below).
- Collecting all the relevant information from you at your initial appointment.
- Corresponding on your behalf with the other party.
- Preparation of all the relevant paperwork.
- Lodging documents with the Court from the issue of the proceedings to Decree Absolute.
What work is not included?
- If your case becomes more complex, for example your ex-partner defends the proceedings or files a Cross-Petition, then we may need to charge for the extra work involved. If that happens we will notify you as soon as possible and before any additional costs are incurred. We will provide you with a revised estimate of our costs and detail the work that is likely to be needed.
- The costs of obtaining a certified copy of your marriage certificate if you have mislaid the original.
- If there is a difficulty in finding your ex-partner or proving service of the Petition or if either party is non-resident of the UK.
- Fees relating to any negotiations or Court proceedings in relation to financial settlement or children or domestic violence matters.
- The fee for the swearing of any Affidavits required in the proceedings (£5.00 per Affidavit plus £2.00 for each Exhibit in support of your Petition or swearing any other Affidavit).
- If an enquiry agent/private detective/bailiff has to be instructed to personally serve the other party.
- To apply to the Court for an Order that the divorce papers are deemed to have been served for example if your ex tells you he or she has received the papers but they will not return the Acknowledgement.
- If you are the Respondent in a divorce and the Court directs that you have to pay the Court fees of the divorce.
- Translation of foreign marriage certificates.
- Attendance at Court – this is very unusual.
- Representing you in connection with disputes about costs or enforcing Costs Orders.
- Court fees and VAT rates are subject to Government change and may increase the amount payable by you if these change after you instruct us.
- We can help you if your case becomes more complicated for a separate fee and we will advise you of the cost before starting any further work for you, if there are any changes after you instruct us.
- If you decide to withdraw from divorce proceedings at any stage, we will charge you for all work and Court fees/Disbursements incurred up until that point in time on a time recorded basis applying our usual hourly rate.
Starting your Divorce Proceedings
To purchase a fixed fee package please call our specialist Divorce Solicitors now on 0844 800 9860 for a free initial telephone consultation or contact us online.