Child Emigration

If you seek to remove your child permanently from the country then you will need permission of the other parent with parental responsibility. If the other parent refuses permission, you will need to make an application to the Court.

Where emigration is intended, there is no presumption in law in favour of the applicant parent wishing to move the child abroad.  The welfare of the child is the paramount consideration and the Court has to apply the principles and factors set out in Section 1 of the Children Act 1989 in making its decision.

Our Services

This is a complicated area of law which we can advise upon. We provide free initial telephone consultations for all our clients.

Call our specialist Child Law Solicitors now on 0844 800 9860 or contact us online for advice about your specific child law issue.


Social Feeds

Law Society accreditation for Children Law
Law Society accreditation for Family Law
Law Society accreditation for Family Mediation
* Resolution
Leading Firm Chambers UK 2015

* Soulla Kokkinos, Elizabeth Bendall, Andrew Crossley, Yvonne Snow, Ryan Yates, Amanda Mansbridge, Julian Beard, Francecsa Clay.