Deeds of Variation

Our Service

For two years after a person dies, you can vary the terms of their Will or Intestacy by making a Deed of Variation. For example, you may have inherited a sum of money but are comfortably off and would prefer to give it to your children. This can be achieved by way of a Deed of Variation. Varying the estate in this way means that you avoid the inheritance tax rules on lifetime gifts.

The Deed must contain certain statements about tax that we will advise on. Our specialist Solicitors are also able to advise on all other aspects of Inheritance Tax Planning. For more information please see our Inheritance Tax page.

How much does it cost?

We are in the process of reviewing our Wills and Probate pricing.

Call our specialist Wills & Probate Solicitors now on 0844 800 9860 for a free telephone consultation or request a call back through this website.


Social Feeds

Law Society accreditation for Children Law
Law Society accreditation for Family Law
Law Society accreditation for Family Mediation
* Resolution
Leading Firm Chambers UK 2015

* Soulla Kokkinos, Elizabeth Bendall, Andrew Crossley, Yvonne Snow, Ryan Yates, Amanda Mansbridge, Julian Beard, Francecsa Clay.